A good moisturizing cream, it is super important. Because a well hydrated skin, it is a skin that ages less, it is a supple skin and most of all… a soft skin. And we love soft skins. You could find by clicking here a recipe for a chocolate moisturizing cream (yes, this is not a dream). But in this article, I give you a super-easy recipe with only two ingredients! The Coco-Green Tea Antioxidant Moisturizer: super-easy to make.
If this is the first time that you read an article in this category of the blog, please before starting anything, read this short foreword. it is imperative before embarking into any preparation.
The ingredients of the antioxidant moisturizer
- Unrefined organic coconut oil, quantity depending on your container.
- Around a table spoon of green tea (organic of course).
The association coco-green tea reinforce tha antioxidant action (to avoid skin aging, even it is what is meant to happen, if it not too soon, we won’t be sad).
Preparation of the antioxidant moisturizer
- Melt your coconut oil in a double boiler.
- When it is completely melted, meaning when it is completely translucent, you can incorporate the green tea.
- Then, let it simmer during at least an hour over a low heat thanks to a haybox, because you are so green and you hate to waste energy, right?
- Once it has simmered enough, and that your coconut oil is green green green, you can filter (yes because if you don’t, it will be more a scrub than a moisturizer), thanks to a very fine sieve or, if you don’t have, a piece of cloth will fdo the job (well, be carefull not to burn yourself though)!
- Let is cool down a little and than put it in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes until it solidify but not harden (yes, it seams weird but you will understand while seeing it). And I said “let it cool” before putting it in the fridge. Because if you put something hot in your fridge, it consumes a lot of energy.
- So, once it is solid but not hard, take it out of the fridge and whip vigorously until it looks creamy.
- And voila, your coco green tea antioxidant moisturizer is ready. You can put it in your great recycled paté pot (hum, after cleaning disinfecting it of course!).
To be noted that the melting temperature of coconut oil is 25°C so this cream is not really made for hot weather.